Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Very Inspiring Lecturer....

Our university did it again!! we lost another great and dedicated lecturer... In this 3 years of medical life... I've met some really great professor and lecturer... let's count!!

Prof Roland - my very 1st mentor during year 1... although I get to know him for only 2 months.. but I never forget how he guided me for my Formative Assessment... He is the only mentor that discuss each and every single question that I answer wrongly with me!! Especially those super super long microbe's names that is very very long and very very difficult for me to memorise during year 1...

Associate Prof Anupama - the only lecturer who take LRT back home with me.. If I stay back after class until 5pm, I will sure see her waiting at the LRT station... she is a very kind and good teacher... Will never forget how she actually "forced" us to copy each and every single page of her slides during lecture!! LOL... btw she is a very cute lecturer!! We always talk about her husband that is teaching at IMU in the LRT!!

Prof Zabidah - the pharmacology lecturer that never let us down for our FA result... this is because she will always some sort like "hint" us on the questions that is coming out in exam!! Good to see her at KT during dinner at Kuala Ibai... Too bad she is teaching at another university...

Prof Aishah - greatest teacher in my life!! she is the only person that manage to stop me from quiting medicine during year 1!! I'm sure I won't be here at KT if without her... too bad she is leaving soon... feel bad for those juniors... they've lost a very good lecturer and motivator... hope I can go for her farewell dinner next week at KL!!

Finally - Dr. James Smith!! like the way he make his diagnosis... He is the very 1st person that trigger us not to think like a medical student... but a practicing clinician instead!! a lecturer that really put all his effort in teaching us and will never scold us even if we ask some very stupid question... Most important of all, he is a very very very humble person!! (totally different with the arrogant and somehow "not that good Prof" of us in internal med... someone who always scold his student "rubbish lah!!") hehehee!!

There's some really nice quote from Dr James...

"All clinicians are not good teachers and all teachers are not good clinicians. What you need is a good clinician teacher."

"If you already found the elephant, why bother to find his footstep?"

"The mediocre teacher tells. The good teacher explains. The superior teacher demonstrates. The great teacher inspires." - William Arthur Ward.

"For the future of human being's heath, we will get together."

"We teachers don't teach, at most we stir the students to learn."

and the champion line:

"You know what? Looi really look like my youngest brother..." That was when I'm presenting my case halfway during BST... hahahaha!! and guess what? He actually asked me to go FB search for his youngest brother!! seriously I do think I look very much like his brother... LOL...

Dr. James... a great teacher that inspired us all!!

All the best to you Dr James!! hope one day in the future I get to learn from you again!!

1 comment: