Monday, January 3, 2011

Winter winter winter~

Finally... yes finally!! I get to experience winter with SNOW!! Bwahahaa... It's snow!! There's so many things I'd like to do... Skiing, making snowman, snow war and stuff that practically impossible to enjoy in Malaysia!! during the trip to Beijing we are lucky enough to play with snow at Shan Xi Da Tong(山西大同)there they had the first snowfall of the season 3 days before we visit the place.... Unfortunately I din't get to make any snowman!!

Well.. at least we manage to play with snow... curi-curi throw a couple of snowball at my sis from behind with my bro... hahaha we are evil!! Later we throw at each other but practically feel nothing other than wetting our jeans... maybe because we are wearing too many layer of shirts... hahaha... my highest record was 6 shirts at a time!! (long john, short-sleeves T-shirt, long sleeves T-shirt, sweater, another sweater and winter jacket) seriously I like the way I am with all the clothes on... because I look fatter!! My sis keep telling me it's just self-deception... LOL...

Picture of mountains snapped in the bus while we are on our way to da tong...

Trees covered with snow!!

The temperature at Beijing when we first arrived at the airport was around -5 degree... still okay for us... when we reach Da Tong it was almost -20 degree... lucky I have enough shirt to keep myself warm... when you lick your finger at such temperature it feels almost the same like you are licking Popsicles... You can add some flavoring on your fingers to let it taste better!! hahaha.... lame jokes on cold weather...

A layer of ice formed at the surface of the river behind The Forbidden City... still it's not thick enough to skate on it yet...

another picture of the river... if look carefully... u can see fishes swimming under the ice!!

The Koi are not moving!! I wonder if fish hibernate during winter too... Hmm...

My water was iced after I left it overnight in the bus!! suit the name of the brand...

If possible a warm meal of steamboat will be fantastic in such temperature... If u can't find any steamboat shop around I'm sure at least u can find some uncle selling sweet potatoes next to the street... It can do the trick to warm you up!! Holding on to a hot sweet potatoes will be the best.... at least you can feel your fingers are still around... you can eat them if you are not worry about getting yourself diarrhoea...

hot hot sweet potatoes~

Other than that... another thing that you MUST eat during winter is ice-cream!! Why? Because it will never melt!!

Father and sons having ice-creams.. even the local tour guide say we are crazy... LOL

Fall in Love with another sport... Skiing~

Trees are painted with a layer of white latex during winter...

Question: Why are trees painted with white latex at the lower part of the trunk during winter? Google it if you want to know it... If not just ignore it... =)

2 comments:

  1. looking good in winter wear!!!
    huhuhu!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahaha... thank you!! now I become the skinny boy again... =.=

    ReplyDelete