Sunday, May 23, 2010

The Tooth Fairy


Dwayne Johnson really surprise me with those "girly" tooth fairy outfit... I rather say that's bit disgusting compare to funny... How can such a muscular guy wear such outfit... LOL.. although i couldn't really appreciate the climax of the movie... but this show do have a good point which i think is important and i really wanted to share...

Derek Thompson (Dwayne Johnson) is a hockey player with the nickname "The Tooth Fairy" because he often hit other hockey player so hard until he knock off their teeth...

One day, Derek steals a dollar from his girlfriend Carly's 6 year old daughter, Tess which the dollar is left for her lost tooth from her mom... Later that night, he receives a summons under his pillow.... He magically grows wings and is transported to the realm of tooth fairies. There he met the "godmother" of tooth fairy, Lily and being sentenced to serve two weeks as tooth fairy for crushing Tess dream on the existence of tooth fairy...

There's one part where Lily tell Derek that little kids start to not believe in tooth fairy, unicorn or dragon... This is a serious problem because they lost the ability to dream which is crucial for the kids imagination and creativity and most of the time dream give us hope...

This movie reminded me on how my grandma used to teach me on how to deal with those deciduous teeth when i was young... She used to tell me ~in order to allow the tooth fairy to collect the tooth, whenever a teeth fall from the upper part, I have to throw those teeth under my bed and when a teeth fall from the lower part, I have to throw it up to the roof...Instead of a dollar.. a 50 cent coin will appear under my pillow the next day... as an exchange for my teeth... But what i really enjoy the most is throwing my own teeth up the roof... which is not an easy task since i was short and the roof was really high... I remember few years later when i went up the roof, some of the tooth still surprisingly remain on the roof... hahaha...

What really important is this gave me a good memory of my childhood and tooth fairy makes this painful process an exciting one.. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment