Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Perhentian Island Challenge!!

What a week! Suddenly there's student seminar this week and hell lot of stuff to study for internal medicine... Seriously I missed Surgery!! things are easier back there... Now I don't even have enough time for proper sleep... (I must admit I need hell lot of time for sleep~) Anyway... at least my seminar presentation is over today (thank you guys for not postponing my part till tmr)... At last I get to update on my past weekend challenge!!

I always wanted to go Redang and Perhentian ever since I fall in love with islands and marine life... Others always tell me that this 2 places is a MUST go destination for a island lover... At least now I get to visit 1... All thanks to Perhentian Island Challenge 2010 where participants only have to pay RM150 for 3 days 2 nights stay... Damn cheap!! Everything from boat ride, food, accommodation and even goodies bag is included... Only have to spend few extra bucks for souvenir...

We stay in modern tents at Teluk KK where they called it the racer village... LOL.. sounds so professional... It was a beautiful beach and participants get to enjoy the beach and relax on the very first day... the best part is the sunset... been awhile since the very last time I appreciate sunset next to the beach... All we can see is sunrise (well.. that also have to depend if we can wake up early)...

The "racer village" at Teluk KK

Sunset~

At last the long awaited race is finally here... there's 2 category in the challenge... which is the elite group and novice group... (of course all of us joined novice) For elite group they have to run for more than 20km and swim across the sea from small perhentian island to big perhentian island... The swimming part disqualified almost half of the elite participants where they can't stand the waves and seriously the distance between the 2 island is quite far!! Last year champion from Ghana even get himself disqualified at that part... (They can run like cheetah but also swim like cheetah.. haha!!)

let the race begin!!

Well... I'm not at any good position to laugh at others lah... my left leg cramp during the race while I just completed 5km i guess (novice have to run a total of 13km)... the cramp is so severe until I can't even stand properly... not long after that my right leg join the club!! so I have to finish "walking" the remaining 8km with injured legs... Countless up and down hill and difficult terrain make it easy to get our muscles cramp... Besides, the heat really make us suffer!! the race started at 11am and the sky is very clear on that day (was praying very hard for clouds that day.. hahaha)... The worst part is those beach tracks where there's totally no trees to shade us... and most of the beach is very long!!

beach run ahead!!

All 6 of us meet up at the windmill resting point and take pictures... the scenery over there is just awesome! The organizing team even plan the track for us to run down 570 steps of staircase and run up again... seriously my legs are freaking pain!! Lucky we keep on taking pictures and sing songs all the way which really raised our morale and make the rest of the race fun and interesting... At the end all 6 of us cross our hands together and run forward to the finish line... That moment is 1 to be remember for the rest of our life... so after 4 hours of running to walking till slacking... we reached the finish line... yay!!

windmill~

running together towards finishing line...

Next morning we clear up the camp site and head back to Terengganu mainland... Enjoyed the 20 minutes of speed boat ride and have mixed feelings on the way back... I promise myself to come back again next year... Well...I guess that's the summary for PIC 2010... it's time to get back to books and study! Ohhh~ internal med.. ohhh~ how I wish I can finish this posting soon...

No comments:

Post a Comment