Friday, June 3, 2011

Final countdown!!

In another 2 weeks time... with the arrival of end of year examination... my life as a year 3 medical student will finally come to an end... T.T

Peadiatric is definitely one of the most tiring posting for me... BST for 8 weeks!! kinda boring lah... i prefer some clinic or OT session... anyway... it was fun playing with kids... although sometimes u will get kinda depressed when the kid cry immediately the moment they see u... as if u are some horrible monster... (psychological trauma when u are repeatedly cannulated by doctors)... No matter what u do... they will just cry n cry n cry... =.=

Clerked a trisomy 21 patient few days ago... The 16 years old boy taught me something... something my dad has been trying to teach me for the past 22 years - "why choose sad if u can choose to be happy"... I saw it on the patient... The patient never blame anyone for his condition... not the God, parents, siblings or friends... not even a single person... his life goes on and he live happily with it... the way he smile and interact definitely touches my heart... At first I feel kinda sad for him but wait... he is the happiest person i ever seen in my life... I should be happy for him... That's why our lecturers always say... the patient can be your best teacher... not always for the medical knowledge, but the way of life....


Picture of me n ah bi drawn by the patient... guess which 1 is me!! XD

Trying my best to be happy most of the time... but with exams around the corner... i better get stressed up so that I will sit quietly in front of my desk and study... hope everyone have a great and happy day~

PS= happy birthday to my feeder, money supplier, and off course one of my greatest teacher in life~ thank you dad! =) with love from your son...

2 comments: